You End Up Arguing Whenever You Try To Talk About Important Issues.
You Have A Hard Time Trusting One Another Because Something Hurtful Happened.
You Feel You’ve Lost The Spark You Once Had And Want To Feel Connected.
Informed by Emotionally Focused Therapy (“EFT”), a theoretical model that focuses on creating a secure emotional connection between partners, we work to identify the negative patterns that keep you and your partner disconnected and in conflict and to cultivate greater understanding about the underlying concerns and fears that maintain these negative patterns. We then work to disrupt these patterns and replace them with greater emotional responsiveness and engagement. Couples therapy will allow you and your partner to improve communication and increase connection.
I work with couples seeking assistance with:
- Communication skills
- Resolving ongoing conflicts
- Coping with infertility
- Coping with perinatal loss
- Resolving parenting differences
- Healing from an affair
- Creating more connection and intimacy
- Making decisions about separation or divorce
- Developing a plan for co-parenting after separation